Features of the Pomegranate
- Most powerful anti-oxidant of all fruits
- Potent anti-cancer and immune supporting effects
- Inhibits abnormal platelet aggregation that could cause heart attacks, strokes and embolic disease
- Lowers cholesterol and other cardiac risk factors
- Lowers blood pressure
- Shown to promote reversal of atherosclerotic plaque in human studies
- May have benefits to relieve or protect against depression and osteoporosis
Seeding a Pomegranate
- Cut the crown (protruding blossom end) off the pomegranate, removing with it some of the pale-yellow pith. Take care not to pierce the seeds within.
- Lightly score the skin in quarters from stem to crown end.
- Immerse the scored fruit in a large bowl of cool water and soak for 5 minutes. Holding the fruit under water, break sections apart with your fingers, separating the seeds from membrane. The seeds will sink to the bottom of the bowl.
- Discard skin and membranes. Drain the seeds and dry on paper towels.
Juice of the day:
Handful Swiss chard
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
1/3 cup berries blend
1/2 red pear
1 celery stalk
1/3 cup watermelon
2 tablespoons Goji berries
1 tablespoon Chia seeds
1 scoop protein powder
Garlic is an excellent source of vitamins A, B-complex and C. It provides a good supply of minerals like manganese, phosphorus, calcium, copper, potassium, iron and copper.
It also contains amino acids, essential oils, glycosides, and the rare essential trace minerals like germanium, selenium and tellurium.
The phytochemical in garlic includes anti-oxidant allium, which is also present in onions, leeks, chives and shallots.
Garlic amazingly contains more than 12 types of anti-oxidants. Is it any wonder that it has numerous healing virtues? This is one of the few superfoods that doesn’t lose its medicinal properties with cooking. However, garlic in its raw state has its other benefits too.
Raw garlic is not easy to eat, it needs getting used to. But understanding all the good things it does, try to include them in your daily diet. Sneak one or two cloves or garlic into the juicer when you juice your favorite juice recipe.
Handful Kale and Spinach
1 Celery Stalk
1 inch size Ginger
1 yellow Squash
1 Garlic Clove
1 slice onion
1 peeled lemon
1 Tbsp Goji berries
1 Tbsp Hemp seeds
1 Tbsp Flax seeds
1 scope Protein Powder
Dash of Cayenne Pepper
1 Tsp Turmeric