16 Health Benefits of Fresh Cabbage Juice
1. Cabbage Juice is full of phytonutrients that rid the body of free radicals that cause damage to cells.
2. Cabbage Juice boosts the bodies ability to detoxify all the toxins we have in the world today and thus also help to prevent diseases such as lung, colon, stomach, and prostate cancer.
3. Cabbage Juice contains lactic acid which is a great disinfectant for the colon.
4. Cabbage Juice is a great anti-inflammatory agent helping to rid your body of arthritis and other degenerative inflammatory diseases.
5. Cabbage Juice works wonders for asthma and even bronchitis… boosting the healing ability of your respiratory tract.
6. Cabbage Juice works wonders for gastric ulcers and diverticulosis and for healing digestive problems in general. Cabbage Juice contains sulforaphane that kills off the bacterial causing peptic ulcers and Cabbage Juice helps protect the GI tract from gastric reflux. Cabbage Juice also contains the amino acid glutamine that is very important for good digestive health. And Cabbage Juice contains iodine, and even chlorine that are great for protecting the GI tract from invaders.
7. Cabbage Juice boosts the immune system and also works to promote and regulate T cells, and helps in the treatment of allergies because of a chemical called histidine. Glucosinolates which is found in Cabbage Juice also stimulates the immune system.
8. Cabbage Juice lowers cholesterol and it also detoxes the liver, and Cabbage Juice is a powerful antioxidant. A Japanese study showed that if people drink Cabbage Juice it reduced their LDL or bad cholesterol drastically.
9. Red Cabbage Juice is full of amazing amounts of Vitamin C… thus helping to fight off bacterial and viral infections. Red Cabbage contains between 5 to 6 times the Vitamin C that green cabbage contains. Also contains anthocyanin a great antioxidant.
10. Plus Cabbage Juice contains sulforaphane one of the most important chemicals for fighting off cancer… plus Cabbage Juice is rich in iron.
11. Cabbage Juice works to slow the conversion of carbs and sugars into fat and thus helps you to lose weight.
12. When you drink Cabbage Juice you also get the nutrients into your system much faster… cutting absorption time down from hours to little more than 10 to 15 minutes.
13. Red Cabbage Juice contains lots of Omega 3 fatty acids that lowers your cholesterol and triglycerides too. Thus helping to prevent cardiovascular disease, strokes, and lowering blood pressure too.
14. Cabbage Juice also contains lots of magnesium, potassium, calcium, and some sodium too. All important for hormone production, heartbeat regulation, lowering blood pressure, and for good bone development.
15. Cabbage Juice contains Vitamins A, E, C, K and Vitamin U and it also has almost all of the B vitamins too including Folate.
16. Fermented Cabbage Juice also works well for controlling candida infections.
Remember Cabbage Juice should be diluted with water — 4 parts water to 1 part Cabbage Juice or with other vegetable juices or fruit juices to improve the taste.
Source: Paul Haider – Master Herbalist
Here is how I enjoy Red Cabbage
1/8 cut of Red Cabbage
1 Anjou Pear
1 Lemon (peeled)
1 inch size Ginger
1 tablespoon Goji Berries
1 tablespoon Hemp Seeds