There are so many health benefits to hemp seeds that it would be foolish not to run out to the store this instant to buy them!
- A 1.5-tablespoon serving of hemp seeds contains five grams of protein, 86 milligrams of magnesium, 10 percent daily value of iron, 1245 milligrams of Omega-3 fatty acids and 436 milligrams of Omega-6 fatty acids!
- One of the Omega-6 acids, gamma linolenic acid (or GLA), is an excellent source of anti-inflammatory hormones that support a healthy metabolism and good skin, hair and nails.
- Like flaxseeds, hemp seeds contain all ten of the essential amino acids.
- It’s protein source is much more digestible than others, and won’t leave you feeling bloated.
- Hemp seeds contain anti-aging antioxidants such as vitamin E.
- They’re also rich in other minerals such as zinc and phosphorus.
Juice of the Day:
1 Celery Stalk
1/2 cup Pineapple
1 tbsp Chia Seeds
1 tbsp Hemp Seeds
2 tbsp Granola